Tuesday 7 February 2012

BRRRRR......


Yes it has been very cold here, as in many other parts of the United Kingdom. 

This photograph was taken on Sunday from the bedroom window!
We had a Snowfall of about 3-4 inches.
However, it is warm in my workroom and I have enjoyed watching the Birds.


They have stripped the fruit from the top of our Neighbours tree.
I have not seen this species in our garden before, it is a mixed flock of Fieldfare and Redwing, very pretty coloured feathers.
(I don't know much about Birds so I looked it up in my 'Garden Birds of Britain and Europe' book!)
Normally we get lots of Blackbirds, Starlings, Bluetits, Sparrows and Wood Pigeons.



Whilst watching the Birds, I have been making and feathering some mini ones...















......and furred a few Rats!

8 comments:

  1. No snow here - yet! You're certainly making good use of your time indoors. The birds are very impressive.

    There's certainly nothing to beat "furring a rat" on a cold day - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as though you had the same amount of snow as we did Mags!
    Love the peacocks and pheasants they look brill. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look so real I love the peacocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you will be bringing your rats and chicks to Birmingham Mags....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow here was much the same - now slush. Great birds Mags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the Chooks, Mags. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lot of snow!
    I loved your miniature birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure looks cold!! Love the birds Mags!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom